I am so excited to share with you that I got to be a part of this year’s Teacher Smart Back-to-School Must Haves! This eZine is full of amazing ideas, products, and links from some of the best teachers in blogland – Deanna Jump, Miss Kindergarten, The Teacher Wife, and The Organized Classroom Blog, just to name a few. I feel so fortunate that I got to be included, as well!
My section (page 23) is all the must have professional books. I included all of my favorites:
- Classroom Book Clubs by Laura Candler
- Launch a Primary Writer’s Workshop by Lucy Calkins
- The CAFE Book and the Daily 5 by The Sisters
- Reading with Meaning by Debbie Miller
- Living the Questions by Ruth Shagoury & Benda Power
- Bringing it All Together by Marcia Brechtel
- Classrooms that Work by Richard Allington & Patricia Cunningham
It was perfect that I got to showcase these books, since I am so obsessed with taking graduate courses and doing professional workshops. I love learning and love sharing new ideas with other teachers. I hope to be a college professor some day and help train the next generation of successful and effective teachers!
Thanks to April from A Modern Teacher and Melanie from Schoolgirl Style for organizing, designing, and basically making this eZine possible. I hope you all are able to pick up a few tips and do some back-to-school shopping! 🙂