I started off my new year with a calendar makeover! I began the school year with a lonely, blue pocket chart and it needed some love!
My old school had a specific calendar program, but my new school does not. I struggled the few months coming up with a routine that worked for me, met the needs of my kids, and was fun an engaging. I created this Calendar Starter Set to share with you what I’ve created so far! The starter set helps get your calendar all ready:
- Week day cards
- Month cards with and without pictures
- Year cards
- Number cards to correspond with the month (1 for January, 2 for February, etc)
- Holiday cards
- No School cards
- Birthday cards
Then are are other printables for activities that go along with the calendar:
- Weather graph
- Today’s Date cards and sign
- Daily News chart for writing a daily message
- Days in School chart to count up each day and practice place value
I started this new set on January 3rd, our first day back from Winter Break and the kids are loving the new look and new routines!
When you look at the Calendar Starter Set, make sure to download the Preview. I included a freebie calendar song just for you!
What do you do for calendar? Does your school have a calendar program or do you make yours up like I have?