Remember when I made the recyclable organization? Well, I’m back with a little tutorial for you on spray painting my old table caddies!
First, I gathered my supplies:
- Spray paint in a cute color
- Primer spray paint
- An old Amazon box
- Fine grit sandpaper
- Old clean rag
Then, I freaked out because I haven’t been successful at spray painting things in the past. What if I mess up? What if it looks terrible? So, I watched a simple YouTube video to ease my fears and told myself that I can do this!
After watching the video and collecting supplies, I got to work.
1. Scuff up the table caddy with the sand paper. This will help the paint stick to it better. Wipe it clean with the rag.
2. Lay the caddy on the box and spray completely with the primer. This will help cover up the old color.
3. After it is dry, scuff it up again with the sand paper. Wipe it clean with the rag.
4. Lay the caddy on the box again and spray with your chosen color. Using short strokes like in the video, it should come out nice. Mine had a little drippage on the bottom, but I didn’t care. It was the bottom! And what kid is going to be seriously distraught over it? No one.
5. Let it dry completely and put your supplies inside of it. Ta-dah! A beautiful, new-to-you, table basket that matches your room decor!
Hmmm, now what else can I spray paint? Maybe I’ll do my old book baskets next! 🙂