Today is the day that teachers go back to school for opening week. Next Monday – kids come! So for me, it’s buckle down time. I gotta get my room and my plans all ready for the first week in my new classroom and in my new school.
I shared a few pics of my classroom progress on instagram.
Here is what I saw when I walked in for the first time. The sweet custodians moved all of my boxes in after the secretary made me leave them in the office back in June.
Here is after the first day of furniture arranging.
Then it starts to get bad as I unpack boxes, take everything out of the cupboards, and generally make a huge mess.
Empty book bins with boxes and boxes of books waiting to be sorted.
HUGE mess on my desk.
Tech cart spewing out technology.
So.over.whelmed. I can’t handle this!!!
Now it’s finally getting better. I cleaned out the art cupboards, the teacher book cupboard, and the manipulative closet. My boxes are all unpacked and most things have found a home.
- Finish putting away the library books
- Finish organizing math manipulatives
- Finish sewing computer covers and curtains
- Arrange my desk and teaching area
- Put away all the stuff on the tables
- Put out name tags, practice workbooks, etc on student desks
- Put together homework folders, portfolios, and data binders
- Clean out the posters drawers and construction paper drawers
So make sure to check out Coupons.com, and also check back here in the next week. Not only will I have another post for the Teaching With Intention book study, but I may also show you sneak peeks into my finished classroom! I have so many fun projects planned for my room and I can’t wait to show you!